When QuickBooks Desktops or payroll updates are attempted, error 15240 can appear. Usually, the error is due to incorrect security settings in Internet Explorer or a misconfigured firewall. This error code displays the following messages:
- “QuickBooks error 15240 – RESULT XXXXX the QuickBooks update did not complete”
- “QuickBooks error 15240 – HRESULT XXXXX the payroll update failed to complete successfully.”
In these cases, the financial year cannot be calculated properly due to errors in updating QuickBooks.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15240
QuickBooks Error 15240 occurs for a number of reasons, including:
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- When your Windows account isn’t logged on as an administrator or the application isn’t run as an administrator, you might see this error.
- Although the shared download link is incorrect, incorrect, or invalid, it still works.
- In the terminal service setting, you are running QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Windows has been damaged or the registry has been corrupted.
- There is a problem with the QuickBooks update.
Symptoms of Error 15240 QuickBooks
- This update cannot be installed on QuickBooks
- Payroll update won’t work
- Payroll cannot be processed
Solution 1: Make Sure You Are Running Your QuickBooks As an Administrator
Follow these steps to do so:
- Simply right-click on the desktop icon of QuickBooks to start it
- Choose the “Run as Administrator” option now.
Solution 2: Use Clean Install Tool to Reinstall QuickBooks
When you use QuickBooks continuously for a period of time, it is possible to accumulate junk files over time. This recommended solution will help you clear these files. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Install QuickBooks Desktop and then uninstall it from your system
- Rename all installation folders after using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool by downloading and running it
- Now, you should reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 3: Make Sure That the Date and Time Settings Are Correctly Set
Errors like this can occur if the time or date is incorrect. Checking them out and making corrections as necessary:
- You must first access your system’s Control Panel
- By clicking on the corresponding buttons, you can adjust the time and date
- Time and date should be adjusted correctly
- By clicking on Apply and OK after that, you will save your changes
Solution 4: Ensure That the Internet Explorer Settings Are Adjusted Correctly
Here are the steps you need to take:
- The first thing you need to do is open the Internet Explorer web browser on your PC
- Select the Internet option from the Tools menu
- Choose Advanced from the next menu
- Go to the bottom of the page and you will see SSL2.0 and SSL3.0
- Make sure both boxes are checked
- After you have clicked Ok and Apply, your changes will be saved
Solution 5: The Security Software Settings Should Adjust Correctly
Occasionally, security software can cause QuickBooks Update Error 15240 to occur. It is therefore important that you adjust the settings of your antivirus program to ensure that it doesn’t interfere with QuickBooks’ functionality.
It is hoped that the above solutions will solve QuickBooks error 15240. For continuous assistance, you may use a 24/7 live chat option to speak to a qualified professional, if you’re unable to fix the issue. It is also possible to take a screenshot and email it if you get stuck during the troubleshooting process. The issue will be resolved without delay.